Want to look your best for the new school year? We’ve got you covered. Strut through the hallways looking fresh-faced and totally fabulous with these simple beauty tricks!
1) Start with foundation. But rather than caking on a full face of foundation that looks overdone, opt for a lightweight yet long-lasting formula that will give you flawless coverage throughout the day. Cushion compacts are great because they’re so handy – just toss it in your bag and whip it out for touchups on-the-go!
Try: Etude House Any Cushion All Day Perfect SPF50+ / PA+++, $32
2) Keep it minimal. Skip the foundation if you only have minimal trouble spots on your face. All you need is a small amount of concealer to cover any areas of concern such as blemishes, sun spots or dark circles – and you’re good to go!
Try: Catrice Liquid Camouflage, $5.90
3) Shape your brows. Having the right brow shape does wonders to one’s overall appearance. Start by tweezing any stray hairs that are out of place, then filling in your brows with an eyebrow pencil one shade lighter than your natural hair colour.
Try: Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil, $42
4) Amp up your peepers. If a traditional cat eye looks too harsh for school, why not try a subtle take on the winged liner look? Trace a fine line along the upper lashes and create a sleek flick at the corner of the eye. Messed up? Simply go in with q-tip dipped in makeup remover to clean up smudges around the area, and voila!
Try: essence Super Precise Eyeliner, $4.90
5) Fake it till you make it. If clumpy mascara is not your thing, swap it out for a pair of falsies instead. These faux ones look super natural and won’t melt under the heat, all while giving your lashes instant volume.
Try: Muse & Co Everyday Eyelashes, $2.95
6) Achieve a natural flush. To cheat an all-natural look, adding a hint of colour to your cheeks will do the trick. Sweep on a soft coral shade to the apples and blend it out with your fingertips for a flirty flush.
Try: Sephora Blush To Go, $19
7) Go sheer on the lips. For the perfect everyday lip, we recommend a sheer lip balm that delivers a pop of colour while keeping your pucker hydrated all day long. If you want to rock a bolder look for after school, layer the colour for a more vibrant tint and blot it to set the application.
Try: 3CE Bebe Color Lip Balm, $25
TIP! After a long day at school, don’t forget to remove your makeup. Leaving a full face of cosmetics on may lead to breakouts, so be diligent in getting rid of the grime to maintain a healthy complexion. No better way to get your glow on!
Photography: Vicky Andhika
Hair and makeup: Gigi Sng
Styling: Chew Hui Ling
Model: Lim Eik Joo
This article was adapted from Teenage Passport To Your Future 2018.
Related stories: Glam Up Your Uniform With These Functional Yet Fashionable School Bags, Get Stylish In 5 Minutes (Or Less) With These Wardrobe Essentials, 18 Super Cute Planners To Help You Start 2018 In Style