Having worked with NARS for London Fashion Week since 2012, it’s only natural that Scottish fashion designer Christopher Kane collaborates with Francois Nars to launch a bold and vividly coloured collection – NEONEUTRAL.
“I often use neons as neutrals. They refresh and inspire.”
– Christopher Kane
This 10-piece collection is the first designer collaboration that extends beyond a single product group, comprising of lip glosses, eyeshadow, blusher and the Multiple in various iridescent hues and neon shades.
Q&A with Christopher Kane
Why did you decide to work with NARS?
NARS has been a long-standing and valued partner of ours, so this collaboration was an obvious fit. NARS has the same bold and creative aesthetic that is signature to the brand and I’m excited to share what we’ve created together.
Can you tell us about the colour palette for the collection? Are these signature Christopher Kane colours?
The color palette is based on artifacts brought together from our past collections, like our signature safety buckle and bolt fastenings. These artifacts naturally communicated three Christopher Kane color themes; our classic bold neons, our brand shade of nude and futuristic iridescence.
These colors are signatures of the brand and we wanted to represent that in the purest sense.
Tell us more about the final products you selected for the collection.
It is a full color collection featuring products for eyes, lips and cheeks and combines NARS’ iconic and bold beauty philosophy with our design aesthetic.
From left to right
- Mezmer Lip Gloss, S$37 (Sheer neon pink)
- Nebulous Lip Gloss, S$37 (Neon coral)
- Nucleus Lip Gloss, S$37 (Seashell pink)
- Glow Pink Lip Gloss, S$37 (Sheer fuchsia)
- Outer Limits Single Eyeshadow,S$38 (Iridescent rose gold)
- Parallel Universe Duo Eyeshadow, S$50 (Iridescent pink lilac, Soft iridescent violet)
- Starscape Blush, S$50 (Neon pink )
- Silent Nude Blush, S$50 (Soft beige)
- Violet Atom Illuminating Multiple, S$60 (Sheer iridescent violet)
- Quantum Illuminating Multiple, S$60 (Sheer iridescent magenta)
The Christopher Kane for NARS collection will be available in early June 2015 at NARS boutiques at TANGS Beauty, TANGS Orchard, Robinsons the Heeren, and Sephora ION Orchard.