Travelling with our clan is an entirely different ball game when compared to going on a trip with our friends – travel habits, itinerary preferences and all. Family dynamics may be hard to navigate, but according to Expedia.com.sg’s Family Travel, 75 percent of teenagers said that their parents are their favourite holiday companions! That’s not all; 6 in 10 respondents also agree that at the end of the day, it’s making memories together with your loved ones that counts. Just ask these three millennials, who took part in the Expedia Singapore Family Showdown in hopes of scoring a dream staycation for their family.
Roping in their folks for the challenge, our friends at Expedia put them to the test to see who knows the other better. It was full of fun and laughter as the families spared no hesitation in spilling hilarious anecdotes about each other’s weird quirks, embarrassing overseas encounters and more! After all, our family knows us best – or do they?
And here’s the fun part: it’s up to YOU to decide which family gets to embark on the getaway of their dreams. Simply watch the videos below and vote for the pair whom you think deserves to win! The video entry with the most amount of votes will win a staycation for their family worth up to $3,000, while the remaining two finalists will each receive an Expedia voucher worth $500.
Round one: Aisyah vs Mustapah
In the first episode of the Expedia Singapore Family Showdown, watch as Aisyah and her dad, Mustapah, battle it out to see who knows the other better as they talk about their favourite family vacation moments, who’s the more forgetful one in the family, and their wish for a dream family holiday.
Round two: Shirmin vs Vercilia
In the second instalment of the Expedia Singapore Family Showdown, we have Shirmin and her mum, Vercilia, giving us a peek into their embarrassing encounters overseas, and amusing family bickers as they spend time travelling as a family.
Round three: Ruqsaar vs Sarifah
In the last episode of the Expedia Singapore Family Showdown, Ruqsaar and her mum, Sarifah, tease each other on their family vacation quirks and habits to bring the series to a heart-warming close.
Which video is your favourite? Simply fill in your particulars below and start voting! Also, don’t forget to sign up here as an Expedia Rewards member to enjoy exclusive members-only deals.
Terms & conditions
- Closing date for this contest is 30 March 2018. This contest is open to all residing in Singapore only.
- Only one submission per person is allowed. Any entrant who enters more than once will be disqualified.
- The video entry with the most amount of votes will win a staycation for their family worth up to $3,000, while the remaining two finalists will each receive an Expedia voucher worth $500.
- All details and particulars submitted must be accurate and complete.
- Any incorrect or incomplete information found in the entry will result in the disqualification.
- Media Group reserves the right to suspend or cancel the voting at any time.